Each week Dane brings you his preview article and in addition, we also have a DFS NASCAR cheatsheet where both Dane and Chris rank their top plays in each price range. To get access to this sheet and our Slack chat, grab a FREE trial and use promo code “RP50” and get 50% off your first payment. With that, let’s jump into the article.
Daily Fantasy NASCAR Preview and Picks for DraftKings – Dixie Vodka 400
The NASCAR season rolls on this weekend in Miami. Homestead used to be the Championship race but now it has been moved to earlier in the year. This is a fun track to watch as drivers take different lines and try to make them work throughout the race.
The way I plan to structure this article each week is to talk about strategy for the track we are at and then dive into each price range. I will probably give my favorite play or 2 from each range but I really want the focus to be on strategy. NASCAR only has 40 drivers in each race so I’m not going to write up half the field. Let’s dive in!
I do a lot of my weekly research over at Fantasy Racing Cheat Sheet (https://frcs.pro). They give you a great database to sort out stats so you can see who has good track form along with track type history. They really have all the tools you would want to analyze what drivers are trending and how they match up with the race ahead. Be sure to check them out!
At this track we look for drivers who are good on steep tracks. We do see a decent amount of tire fall off but nothing like we do at a track like Darlington. This is a fun strategy race to watch play out.
I am looking for 2-3 dominators in my lineups tomorrow. Place differential is important, but we can’t forget our dominators. We haven’t had a race this year that we are focusing on dominators so hopefully we get a good amount of new players who don’t fully understand this strategy.
$10K + Range
- Kyle Larson ($10,700) Starting 17th – This has always been one of Larson’s best tracks and now he is in better equipment than he has ever had here. There is no way I can fade him tomorrow as I think this is going to be a breakout year for him. He has some place differential floor to go along with his upside of leading a good portion of this race.
Notables: Chase Elliott, Kevin Harvick
$8K and $9K Range
- Tyler Reddick ($8,500) Starting 35th – He will be popular but is definitely one of my favorite plays tomorrow. He was 4th here a year ago and he also had two wins here when he won championships in the Xfinity series. No chance I am fading him tomorrow starting in the back. He has top 5-10 upside.
- Matt DiBenedetto ($8,800) Starting 37th – Matty D has steadily improved here at Homestead and now starting this far back gives us a big floor and upside. It is hard to go away from him as well, even though he will be popular. Maybe to get a bit different you play one of these two guys in a lineup.
Notables: Denny Hamlin
$6K and $7K Range
- Austin Dillon ($7,700) Starting 22nd – Austin has a very strong history here and has a great price for us this weekend. I love the RCR stack of him and Reddick. 6 straight top 15s for Austin at Homestead and has steadily improved each race.
- Aric Almirola ($7,900) Starting 16th – Stewart Haas has had some good success at Homestead, especially Kevin Harvick. Almirola hasn’t been too shabby himself and at sub $8k I like him this week with some nice upside. You could even pair him with Harvick for the team correlation.
Notables: Ryan Newman
Below $6K Range
- Daniel Suarez ($5,700) Starting 21st – I hardly played Suarez last year, but I believe that his equipment is a step up this season. At this price a top 15 would be a great finish for us and I think it is definitely doable.
Notables: Corey LaJoie, Anthony Alfredo
If you guys have any questions please let me know in the Slack! Good luck to everyone this week!