Each week Dane brings you his preview article and in addition, we also have a DFS NASCAR cheatsheet where both Dane and Chris rank their top plays in each price range. To get access to this sheet and our Slack chat, grab a FREE trial and use promo code “RP50” and get 50% off your first payment. With that, let’s jump into the article.
Daily Fantasy NASCAR Preview and Picks for DraftKings – Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 (Atlanta)
This week we head to Atlanta as we continue the early part of the Cup season. This is always a fun race and there is quite a bit of strategy involved. I usually tend to lean on experienced drivers at a race like this but we do have some young guys in decent spots.
The way I plan to structure this article each week is to talk about strategy for the track we are at and then dive into each price range. I will probably give my favorite play or 2 from each range but I really want the focus to be on strategy. NASCAR only has 40 drivers in each race so I’m not going to write up half the field. Let’s dive in!
I do a lot of my weekly research over at Fantasy Racing Cheat Sheet (https://frcs.pro). They give you a great database to sort out stats so you can see who has good track form along with track type history. They really have all the tools you would want to analyze what drivers are trending and how they match up with the race ahead. Be sure to check them out!
Atlanta is a track that we will be looking for 2-3 dominators in our lineups. With the tire wear that we see at this track, I think we will see fastest laps spread a bit through the field, depending on who has the freshest tires if we get a few green flag stops.
$10K + Range
- Kyle Larson ($10,400) Starting 6th – I really like Larson’s current form with this new team. Hendrick seems to be a very nice fit for him to this point and I could see another strong performance on Sunday. He led 142 laps here two years ago with Chip Ganassi which tells me he knows how to get around this place. Larson is my favorite top range play this weekend.
Notables: Kevin Harvick
$8K and $9K Range
- Martin Truex Jr. ($9,600) Starting 2nd – Coming off a win last week I think this team really has some stress off it’s back and could dominate this weekend. I think he is underpriced and could definitely be a top dominator option for us on Sunday. He has been good here in the past and took home the Xfinity race here today.
- Ryan Blaney ($9,200) Starting 10th – Blaney is always in the 2nd tier when we refer to dominators but I fully expect him to win a race soon. He led a portion of the race last week and his teammate Brad Keselowski has been really good here in the past. I think that can translate throughout the Penske garage this weekend.
Notables: Austin Cindric, Tyler Reddick, Kurt Busch
$6K and $7K Range
- Ryan Newman ($7,100) Starting 28th – With this starting position you really have to look at newman. He has been consistent here at Atlanta in the past and could definitely pay off with a top 15 finish for us tomorrow.
- Ross Chastain ($6,600) Starting 21st – I’m really intrigued by the Chip Ganassi history at Atlanta. Between Kurt Busch and Kyle Larson when he was in the 42 car, I feel that they have something figured out. For this price I think Chastain could really pay off for us and I don’t think that he will be super popular.
Notables: Cole Custer
Below $6K Range
- Anthony Alfredo ($5,500) Starting 32nd – It’s really hard not to go here again with this price tag and starting spot. He has been a 20-25th place car most of the year and for this price I will take a 20th place finish.
If you guys have any questions please let me know in the Slack! Good luck to everyone this week!