Each week Dane brings you his preview article and in addition, we also have a DFS NASCAR cheatsheet where both Dane and Chris rank their top plays in each price range. To get access to this sheet and our Slack chat, grab a FREE trial and use promo code “RP50” and get 50% off your first payment. With that, let’s jump into the article.
Daily Fantasy NASCAR Preview and Picks for DraftKings – Instacart 500
This race was the last one in 2020 before the season came to a screeching halt and now we return. This is also the new home to the final race of the season which crowns the Cup champion. I expect a fun day of racing as I always love watching drivers fan out going into turn 1.
The way I plan to structure this article each week is to talk about strategy for the track we are at and then dive into each price range. I will probably give my favorite play or 2 from each range but I really want the focus to be on strategy. NASCAR only has 40 drivers in each race so I’m not going to write up half the field. Let’s dive in!
I do a lot of my weekly research over at Fantasy Racing Cheat Sheet (https://frcs.pro). They give you a great database to sort out stats so you can see who has good track form along with track type history. They really have all the tools you would want to analyze what drivers are trending and how they match up with the race ahead. Be sure to check them out!
I will be looking at 2-3 dominators in my lineups this week. This is a hard track to pass at and we usually see clean air out front be king after restarts. This is a flat track that kind of comps to places like New Hampshire, Richmond and Martinsville. That is something else I am looking at as far as data from 2020.
$10K + Range
- Chase Elliott ($11,500) Starting 6th – Chase dominated this race back in November taking home the Championship and I think he can do so again tomorrow. He has shown flashes this year but they haven’t put it all together. That can change tomorrow.
Notables: Joey Logano, Martin Truex Jr
$8K and $9K Range
- Aric Almirola ($9,000) Starting 32nd – Aric is another guy who has ran into quite a bit of trouble this year and hasn’t put it all together. He gives us a nice floor with upside at this starting spot tomorrow and maybe people are scared because of the current form.
- Ryan Blaney ($9,300) Starting 8th – Blaney has ran well here at Phoenix in the past and is priced nicely. I think he has the potential to lead a portion of this race and can fit builds as a 2nd or even 3rd dominator.
Notables: Denny Hamlin, Alex Bowman
$6K and $7K Range
- Kurt Busch ($7,700) Starting 12th – Kurt projects very well here. I think he can definitely give us a top 10 and has an outside shot at a top 5. I like that for the price here and I hope he’s not super popular due to his starting spot.
- Bubba Wallace ($7,200) Starting 25th – Bubba has had some trouble recently, but I do expect this team to figure it out. He now starts far enough back that we can give him a go and I’m sure people are scared to play him a little bit.
Notables: Tyler Reddick
Below $6K Range
- Daniel Suarez ($5,900) Starting 27th – I have been impressed with this TrackHouse team so far in 2021. It feels like Suarez is reenergized and I think this team has the upside of a top 15 finish. At this price if I feel he has that I almost have to play him.
Notables: Anthony Alfredo
If you guys have any questions please let me know in the Slack! Good luck to everyone this week!