Each week Dane brings you his preview article and in addition, we also have a DFS NASCAR cheatsheet where both Dane and Chris rank their top plays in each price range. To get access to this sheet and our Slack chat, grab a FREE trial and use promo code “RP50” and get 50% off your first payment. With that, let’s jump into the article.
Daily Fantasy NASCAR Preview and Picks for DraftKings – Pennzoil 400
This week the Cup series heads to Vegas for the Pennzoil 400. We have seen all weekend how these races play out as far as dominators and strategy this weekend and I think the Cup race will be fairly similar. I will touch more on my plans for building below. I am really liking the fact that we have seen three somewhat surprising winners so far this year and I think it will make getting into the playoffs tougher for these smaller teams.
The way I plan to structure this article each week is to talk about strategy for the track we are at and then dive into each price range. I will probably give my favorite play or 2 from each range but I really want the focus to be on strategy. NASCAR only has 40 drivers in each race so I’m not going to write up half the field. Let’s dive in!
I do a lot of my weekly research over at Fantasy Racing Cheat Sheet (https://frcs.pro). They give you a great database to sort out stats so you can see who has good track form along with track type history. They really have all the tools you would want to analyze what drivers are trending and how they match up with the race ahead. Be sure to check them out!
I will be focusing on two dominators per lineup this weekend as there are plenty of laps to have multiple guys who lead for quite a bit of the race. You have to make sure you get dominators into your builds to capture the upside of those fastest laps and laps led.
$10K + Range
- Ryan Blaney ($10,800) Starting 26th – It’s hard for me not to write up Blaney. I think he could absolutely smash this weekend with his starting spot. He is a guy who could potentially dominate this race later on and has major place differential upside to go with it. He has been good at Vegas and is my favorite play in the upper range this week.
Notables: Chase Elliott, Martin Truex Jr
$8K and $9K Range
- Kevin Harvick ($9,700) Starting 1st – I don’t like what we saw from Harvick last week, but this price and the fact that I think he can dominate this race early on leads me right back to him this week. He is one of my favorite dominators for this race.
- Aric Almirola ($8,600) Starting 28th – Another Stewart Haas driver, I expect them to bounce back this week. He has great upside with this starting spot and is one of my favorite place differential drivers on the slate.
Notables: Denny Hamlin
$6K and $7K Range
- Chris Buescher ($6,400) Starting 18th – We saw a very strong stretch from Buescher last week at Miami and he deserved a much better final result that what he got. I think he has top 10 upside and for this price that would be more than enough. Sometimes early in the year you have to take chances on drivers that could have something figured out in the new year.
- Christopher Bell ($7,700) Starting 16th – Bell is a guy who already has a win and is going to be a bit risky all year because this team is going to go for wins and be aggressive with this win in their back pocket. I hope he is a bit lower owned tomorrow and if so he can crush this price tag.
Notables: Cole Custer, Daniel Suarez, Chase Briscoe
Below $6K Range
- Anthony Alfredo ($5,600) Starting 27th – Alfredo has been decent in taking over for John Hunter Nemechek in the 38 this year. If he can get in the high teens for us then he will pay off this super low price tag. I don’t love this range but if you need the value Alfredo is my favorite.
Notables: Ryan Preece
If you guys have any questions please let me know in the Slack! Good luck to everyone this week!